Lovely video I stumbled across on YouTube tonight.
- what’s the matching shirts thing all about? Are these gang colours?
- WHAT IS THE HAT ALL ABOUT?
- “so and so off”
- The old women (old bags) have the exact stance and demeanours of football scallies on terraces giving it the lemon to people who can’t get at them.
- The young girl in the red top already holds herself like a downtrodden-but-mouthy working class southerner.
- Where are the regular people? Why is everyone either nine or sixty-three?
- But seriously why do the two lads have the same shirt on?
- And is one of them wearing the hat Robert Muldoon wore from Jurassic Park?
What are they meant to do? They get told off for playing ball games in the area with the NO BALL GAMES sign. And if they go and play near the cars they get told off for playing near the cars. What else are they supposed to do?
I am hoping that this clip is part of something longer that makes sense. I know it won’t but I would be very happy if it was about a war between some old women and some ten-year-olds on a cockney estate in the 1970s. A war that is still raging.